vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Immensely touched by the girls who accompanied me to bugis to pick out some party streamers, balloons, sparklers, and even the mini goodies to be packed into party packs for the kids. Kids meaning those under 7, i estimated maybe 8 will be there, but i have a dozen just in case. :)


I'm pretty psyched about the party that is going to start tmr! Only mood damper is the sorry-i-cannot-come messages, less than 24 hrs to the party. And i already have food catered. But im thankful that i have excuses to buffer the direct impact. Anyways, actions speaks intentions sometimes and im really surprised that friends bother to take time off to put up party decos with me tmr. Am very touched. I was tempted to launch into a sap monologue but restrained myself for 2 seconds . And just smiled a dainty uptwitch of the mouth, which belied the spewy goosebump thankyous inside. And so we sat along the way from bugis to sim lim square, just past the ratty tat hawker centre, which has really good chin chow fyi.



Kopi tiams are nice, the kopis are pungently bitter and leave a smacking aftertaste in your mouth. Something like durian. You love the cute smell that billows with every breath you take, your neighbour hates the stench with a roaring vengence. So you blow a small one just to see the irked up face of your neighbour. :D


I know tomorrow its going to be awkward, a case of too much attention, too much love. Birthday celebrations consists of too much a self-focus. Somebody suggested a photo montage detailing mini me to medium me to big me. Thats a Narcissus in full blown glory. I tsk-tsked at the idea. It is pretty surreal seeing people i know from different parts come together in one day.


Recess week is next up, and..have fun at aussie ms beeyoooteefoool! :) Btw, i lied that the tmr's theme party is Dots in Polka, to a friend. And added that there is ACTUALLY a choice between white based black polka or black based white polka. And specifically elaborated that small polkas have a slimming effect. It will be interesting if we see a lone ranger in retro fever tomorrow. I hope it isnt one sabo case. One thing that i insist on my way is the music on the play. Well, its from my ipod. So...:)


Happy 23rd Birthday my friend! Happy road tripping! Happy recess week to all! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home