vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Emoted

Friday was not a good day. I realised that there are managers in the office who are somewhat involved in a powerplay. After 3 weeks, i had the impression that this regional manager, call him Mr M, was the most senior amongst all the regional managers, including Janice. But, it seems that they are of the same level. Janice had a shouting match with Mr M today. It was unnerving, the place where i was standing is right in the middle of the two. If this was life firing i would have died, a human donut.



There are some strange characters around the office, including this head of admin, Ms J, who likes to clean the salt water fishtank. (I overheard the accounts people say that she moonlights as a fish seller. Maybe that explains the fascination in fish.) Once i caught her in a daze staring blankly to the fishes wiping the tank, with an expressionless face. A bit scary. There are genuinely GOOD people around. Janice is one of them. I am so so thankful that i work under her instead of emo-admin, whom i am abit scared of. I seem to happen to walk by when she's doing perculiar things, like once also, using the reflection to retouch her lipstick, in the pantry that is. Ivon, before she left Brocade, had warned me not to step on Ms J's toes in all circumstance, cause she can get a tad bit bitchy if you do. So since then, i keep my distance.


But thats all the strange people you have. All of them are really nice. I believe nice people send off nice vibes, and you can sense it strongly in some people. Female bosses tend to have this no-nonsence attitude, thats the stereo-typical view. But i have worked in three jobs before, twice with a female boss, once with a male boss. The male boss is utterly crap. But that was the period after the 'o's when i was doing some random street surveying job. Where sometimes you have nice people who make things good for you by filling up the form, some just take it in their own self-righteous stride to preach the ill-wills of timeshare companies, and how they go around scamming unsuspecting victims into their web of deceit. Oh come on, 16 yr olds know nuts about timeshare, we just know that we have to get your name and two contact numbers to get our eighty cents.


Louise at citibank was a joy to be with as well. Totally. She used to give me alot of sweet things from SIN chocolates, the raspberry crumble that comes in a tub. That alone can make you levitate 6 feet. Stella used to have this BIG bag filled with WERTHERS, beyond happiness! (the next person who did that was Wx who gave me a bag of 15 sticks!!) Janice gives me chocolates in a bag too! So actually female bosses are really good, they give either sweets or chocolates. After our talk on Thursday, she handed me a stack of cds that contained sermons by J.Prince, who is a paster at New Creation. She has so much faith in God. I was telling her that i'm worried that the budget would explode. She said, God will provide. You know, she brings God's image to the office. I can't imagine having to say that to a non-christian boss. Maybe she'll tell me..sure..provide from your 600 roasted peanuts lor. There's so much i want to share about Janice here. I haven't, for the longest time, met someone that intrigued me so much!


The other person that intrigued me was Uncle Robert from the Beijing trip, whom is 66 this year, whom i still chit chat on the phone with, whom still say things like.."I'm so pissed off with my wife. I talk to the lady she kao peh me from just now until now." Funnnnnyyy. He's the a-typical ken-tanged SJI boy, can't say 2 chengyu-s to save his life, and is still part of the school alumni.


Anyways, Janice said this that i thought was very inspiring. Ok here goes. You have a red flag, stick it to the ground. The red flag symbolises God. Walk concentric circles around the flag, each circle bigger than the one before, but ALWAYS keep your eyes on the red flag. So she said this is the way to get along with life, walk further in life, but focus on God. So so true. I really think God placed me in this place. Because i had prayed that i want to meet someone soon, that will make me see something new in life and revive my faith. I think i just met her, and am so grateful for it.
The next thing i prayed for was to have a clean, simple, straightforward, loving heart. So that i don't see things and use my cynical lens to make some snide remarks in my head. Cause those thoughts are dark and they make you angsty to everyone. But, im not there yet, but i will try my best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home