vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Caesar salad.

I absolutely think today is a fantastical day. Though i started my day off on the wrong foot, but! It turned out quite ok.


Met a bunch of friends-of-friends at a chalet at costa sands. A couple called Kamel and Karen. The alliteration? Pure coincidental.And its Kamel as in Kah-Mel, not Ca-Mel, as in the desert animal. I thought it was...well, the desert one. We had quite a couple of pics, but its with Kamel. Other interesting pple, a bit of an influx of new faces, i really cannot register. Only by links, like Daphne, Karen's sis, Peter, who looks like Kamel, Jonus, the 1997-vintage-wine, Yellowfish, Michael, Sinclair's dad, Jas' husband, and many people who were in like flashes in pans, couldnt catch their names, nor their faces. It was actually exciting meeting people whom i know i will never meet along my usual route.



Well, today on the bus i was really not expecting such a plain coincidence. Boarded the bus and oops came a person on the bus, this person whose very presence makes me really really nervous. So basically i sms Sb, which says.."hey sb, how ah. I saw Xxxx on the bus, and i'm scared i'll bumm into Xxxx if i were to get off the bus. And now, i have missed my stop." And she replies, " You silly woman. Just get off the bus. If Xxxx looks at you, say hi and smile." Right. Like i could do that. And it was like...Brutus to my Caesar. Did Caesar do a 180 deg vegan and spawn a certain salad of its kind? Hur hur. Ok, bad joke.



I was contented to miss all the bus stops and happily reach the interchange to totally diminish the odds. But! A bus conducter had to get on the bus, and ask to check for tickets. I went by coins today, as my ezlink was running low.Hastily handed him a random ticket from my bag, and really, too distracted to take notice of the ticket. He came back. to tell me that my ticket was the wrong one. I was quite embarrassed by this already. So hastily i dug my bag for another, saw the bus number, the fare and just passed to him.I don't know if the one that i passed to him was the right one. I suppose so cause it had $1.50 printed on it, the bys number, but gee, i didnt check the date. By then the bus had reached a mrt station. And as hastily as i dug my bag, hastily i got off the bus. I mean how many mrt stations can this bus possibly pass? It is so frustrating to be caught in this kind of situation when u are most distracted. And i think he was on the bus. But i have no idea if it was a image conjured up from imagination. Gah!


To top up the days odd ball factor, i got a phone call asking me the strangest of questions. Which is really odd. Like for example, at midnight calls to ask you if you are a member of the NTUC union, and says if you need union help, he can help you get the union help. AT MIDnight, i really wonder it is who, who needs the help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home