vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Chun-nie got 248 for his Psle which is a such a blah mark. So i actually couldnt get to sleep the night before after talking to wx on the phone, was thinking of all the possible grades my little brother could get. Slept at 7am and woke up three hours later to accompany him to school to get his grades together with Joey.


Seriously i think this mark does him SO much injustice. I mean he is the 260+ range, how in the world did that fall by so much i reeally have no idea. The principal was pronouncing each syllable of her speech with maddening largo pace. It drove me completely nuts. As usual top student and all, I was wishing by some freak event that it was my bro, but of course it wasnt.


Anyways, they were starting to announce all those 4A* and 3A* students and guess what. My hallucinating mind heard something chunwai. I was like fuck shit! My brother! Then i clapped and yeah ala sealion style and it was not my brother. Damn embarrassing. But nobody there knows who i am, and so thats okay. Hee..ya so Chun-nie went up and got his grades in class, and i was pacing around the school assembly ground. By then i was really quite spent, not quite from the lack of sleep but the waiting.


He came down and was like "i did very badly". That really stings my heart, to see him so disappointed. But there's totally nothing you can do about this matter. So an auntie came by and asked how did he do. so came the unenthusiastic 248 reply. I feel really lousy not being able to do something, you know, just do something to make him get the mark he deserves. Fly to the moon, change the score, ah whatever nonsense. Major bummer. Cause it crashed his wish to go hwa chong institute and I know for sure that given his usual performance, that shoule be his range. And really now i dunno what to feel. Actually it is an acute sense of this-is-not-really-fair thing.


Wah lau eh. I love my brother alot lor, this is like how painful to me to see his efforts not being translated to good grades. Bummer. Occured to me that i always give unsympathetic replies to others who say they are feeling sad about their grades. Or rather those responses i gave were just a cordial socially accepted reply, cause obviously i don't care and it doesnt affect me. But seriously, its different way different in this case. ahh..


Hmm..ok. Uncle robert just called and ya it feels abit better. Kind of wonder how Chun-nie boy is taking it, cause he was rather quiet, i dun really know. Heard him mentioning catholic high over the phone with his friend.

Times like this you wanna believe that everything lies in the hands of God, so whatever path he chooses for Chun-nie is best for him. But being the myopic person that i am, the sign is not so clear from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home