vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

208: The First Noel

I feel that keeping positive is something that i have to constantly remind myself to be. Some people have it lucky for them to keep the positivity for a longer period of time. Good for you, and for my part, I am working towards it.

Today was the caroling at Tan Tock Seng hospital. Prior to that, we had singing practice in church for an hour. Mich did a really good job in coordinating the choir, and Lydia plays gospel music really well. Gospel music is harder to practice because the base is usually chords, not like classical music. Most people are better off playing with the classical music types cause ABRSM exams are of those, at least the A grp of songs. Never mind. Anyways, she's got the tempo and the zest in her playing. So it makes the choir sing in a more uppity manner.

We sang at the atrium at TTSH. Some hiccups though. Like chinese words we mumbled through and as such. The crowd was sporting, you see pple clapping along. The feeling is quite nice then, but it isnt overwhelming emotions of the sorts. Next we went to Dover Hospice. Anyone with a heart will feel this ache within when you see the toothless smiles of the old folks there. Our presence and half baked songs almost had this incandescent effect on their mood.

Makes me wonder am I too sense-less, or without-a-sense to not be able to appreciate simple joys. Or do i have to wait till when im at my death bed before i can learn to love the simplest of things. I teared while singing, looking at an old woman waving her hands as we sang. It totally cracked my heart. Are we really singing from our hearts or is it just lip service we are giving to these people who truly feel blessed to have us around. Something tells me that we are not seeing this visiting in the same emotional importance as they do. Which makes me feel inadequate, and a bit of a fluke.

Anyways, i finally found the candycanes, after scouring for ages. It was at the most blatant and in-your-face place. Cold storage at Novena Square, which Rach had apparently rang the folks at cold storage up, but they said they hadnt anymore stock of candycanes. Believe me, I prayed about this. God has his ways, does things you never really know how. Before that Bev Tan and myself had fixed the towels, and today Rach did me a great favour by decorating the canes with me.

Service was good, albeit a taddy bit too short. Puden was songleader this time round, with Eddie and Bev Tan as co-leaders. Sebastian wasnt ard, so the group was short of a drumist. That made the performance a little lacklustre and wasnt able to pack in the ooommph.

I am darn tired, and basically too moodless to do anything. My relatives from germany came, we supped together. And my bro got into SJI which is weird cause i cant see my bro as SJI-ish. Just hope he doesnt turn into an English Potato head after 4 yrs.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home