vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

be a muse.

Post CNY was at first dreary. Not that I was helium-high in the first place, but it just serves as a stark reminder of the impending workload thats building ladders all by itself. And its kinda like octopus syndrome now, woo-hoo alot of work, but I have no idea where to start. I had survived a full day without sleep. But flawed logic incited me do the most ridiculous things at the weirdest times. In a desperate bid to refresh myself at 5am in the morning, I thought, and decided that I should jump on the treadmill and run 8k. To wake myself up. I was wide awake after that, but the energy level just plummeted head down. It was real hard to focus, and i concussed in class, my head was almost on my friend's shoulder. Till the extent she smelled out the conditioner I used. Spot on.



The past week has been packed with quite a bit of random events. Quite a lot actually. Sb has a NUS bazaar, come this Monday. So we were trying our hands at all those trinklets stuff. Girly girly kind. I mean super girly. We are not the type to do handicraft, our virgin attempt. Okay fine, our first attempt. We were trying to stick pearls on a notebook. Do some DIY, get the creative arty juices flowing. Sb ended up with having her two fingers glued by superglue. And my butter fingers are as equally hopeless on the swarovski crystals.




Besides, i received a couple of interesting things from my friends. Its precisely those surprises that springs onto you when you least expect it, to the very thing that warms your heart! Sweets maketh my day. A bag of it, its like candyempire to me. Thanks a bunch, my friend. I KNOW you will read this. haha. I won't say your name. So mysterious one!



And i was given a cactus too. Did I mention? Sam gave me one too. Quite sometime back. I was thinking, whats the significance of a cactus. Strength of a relationship that holds on tight despite the odds. But i really suppose no girl would want to receive a bouquet of cactuses of the sorts. Or from a cynical view, the lack of need to bother about the relationship, for anyway somehow or the other, it will survive a lonely exisitence. Quite a mockery i feel.



Anyways, the first cactus that i received, died. I dunked the whole thing in water ala aquarium seaweed style, then proceeded to bake it under the sun. Maybe the word "sprinkle" didn't come across too clearly then. Haha..Yep, and so the relationship also died, cactus-style. And interestingly that was the exact manner the r/s went. Too much love suffocated it, but suddenly ignored it, and the whole thing went bust.



Ah and i think how weird it is when a childhood friendship steers a different course. The entire dynamics changes in a not so positive way. I guess everyone is predisposed to look back and point out...see..that was when I had good wholesome fun with a friend. Some words just totally wrecks the impression. Just let it be the way it was intended and spare the awkwardness. I still prefer to think of it as catching, playful jibes of the sorts. Fullstop.




Hmm, i am happy cause i rest it in His hands, and am very certain that He will have his way for me. So that explains, the blog title. Faith in His deliverance. I honestly do believe so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home