vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Whose Prerogative is it anyways?

"I've got a right to be wrong
I've been held down too long
I've got to break free
So I can finally breathe
I've got a right to be wrong
Got to sing my own song
I might be singing out of key
But it sure feels good to me
Got a right to be wrong
So just leave me alone"
(right to be wrong...)

Gee..this sounds like some teenage scremo yeap? No la...the song is SO mellow really. It is very liberating, the song in its entire. I mean this week has been pretty rough for me. Not been too fantastic. So it soothes my bruised ego.


I was watching a documentary with my dad on discovery channel. It was about a girl's pursuit to go from Suzhou to Beijing Opera School. Its very prestigious. There are only 40 slots a year, and people really slog their guts out to even smell the air in the audition room. To us, living here, Singing opera must be the last thing on our mind. Not that it WAS implanted there in the first place. But im sure i dont know of anyone who is loves opera with The Permeating Passion. Ok, my point is that, everyone seems to be doing the same thing here, the same safe route down a beaten track. Not that its bad, per se. Its just the same path.


It was really inspiring. My dad and i we dont have a chummy relationship like i punch his arm, and he ruffles my hair. Not that type. Its the typical chinese parent and chinese kid relationship. So yeap, we were saying that you only know the life that you were born into. And so its our "right to be wrong"!, make mistakes, fall into a couple of booby traps (no pun intended ;)]..


I just feel that Perfection is over-rated. The perfect life, the perfect job. Motivational talks. All these has been sowing the high oats in people's head. Impregnate our minds... these oats really sows discord between what you want to do and what you have to do sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home