vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

i went to the candy shop!




Can't help but feel like a fictional character at times, operated by an omniscient director which is incidentally your very same self. No emotions, but as do all amateurish actors do, place yourself in the situation and try to feel what the character may feel. Happy setting? Cue polite smile, hearty laughter (how ironic when the heart is actually the seat of emotions), say the same type of sentences day in day out, it sounds like a mindless regurgitation. Oh ya, rely on emoticons. =)



Today went on like clockwork. My bro's a happy boy today, cause we did tuck into posh nosh for dinner. I went to Candy Empire, the new candy shop at Millenia Walk. Was reduced to a little kid, I was genuinely smiling in my heart as I roamed around the shop, couldnt help grinning to the glow worms and nerd sticks on the shelves. But a wee bit of disappointment as I was trying to look for "lama spit" but there wasnt any. Anyways, it was really this happy shop with sweets we never see in Singapore. There was this twiddly looking thin and long gummy, spider gum ball, liquorice choc with absolut vodka, skittles in gum or rum, looney tunes in jelly, colourful jelly beans in strings, honey mustard twists, cinnamon stuffed cookies, barbie and ken sparkly candy. Spent almost 20 mins in awe of those happy looking sweets, it just fascinated me as a rattle would fascinate a tottering little kid. Funny how some cutesy shaped things can take your mind of the mundane project meeting that was before that. The boring drones of presentation, the mechanical ways of speaking, which I think it is how sad and how ironic, to have to reduce human communication to a textbook theory. It is all factual and methinks that it is almost fraudulent, having to ease around something negative and to leave the other person going away feeling like it was ok. Talk about creative manipulation of emotions.



Oh well, I digressed. The Candy Empire has this really huge array of choc and marshy marshmellows where you can pick and choose from. And even beef jerky in different shapes! i thought that beef jerkies were meant for jerks..haha, i actually thought they were dog chow cause it is hard as stone. But apparently, there were really pretty packaging of beef jerkies. The chocolates really win hands down buttcheeks down. It was so whimsical, the way some of those chocolate were teased into really eye-catching packs, with some little toy stuck to its end. There was this particular lolly with a tick-tock toy that was damn cute, and I got that for Sheryl cause it is just the perfect mid-afternoon surprise for a primary one girl. And so, my loot was quite a few items! I got cappucino toffees, mini choc wafers (those that are damn damn itsy bitsy kind), honey mustard twisteroos, and chesse twisteroos. Wow! But the rest was for my bro, I took the toffee only.



It just made my day. And then I remembered the assignments.


Really. Somethings are better left unexplained.


The candyman can cause he mixes it with love
and makes the world taste good...









Happy faces are nicer to see.

So fold that sullen face up and place it in the closet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home