vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

210: tinsel lights a-brighting

Strangely enough, althought blogger dearest says that I last pooped around, five days ago, which is on the 23rd, I feel as though I haven been here for sometime. Haha..anyways..yes, christmas.


My cousins came over last fri from Munich, which happened to be the last day of caroling. Anyways, Christmas morning was church service, followed by last minute shopping and a dinner at Aunt Flor's place, then back to my aunt's. I always love going to Aunt Flor's place. Her house and the food, absooolutely decadent. Lush deco, and sinful indulgence. You see, this year there was a fondue fountain. So much effort goes into its preperation of food and all, just to create a comfy ambience. Totally appreciate her effort. And ya, i saw Melissa and her sis, Eugenia. Didn't really talk as much as we would usually do though. But i see she's doing well at the SMU, and apparently, Mel was Vian's first three mths classmate at Sajc. Small world we have here. Eugenia has this really gentle demeanor about her, quite unlike her older sis, whom i didnt see that day.


Anyways, the presents this year was more than i could ask for. My parents were really sweet. They hung a christmas stocking at my door knob, and i woke up to see a stocking on it. Its like deja vu you know, cause all the way till when i was eight, I still had those stocking things hung beside the window. Its the kind of squeamish childish joy. Yep, and so in it was a phone. That v3 phone in pink. How sweet is that! I didnt know my parents had a romantic streak to them. =)


Its a renewal in faith, to be able to reflect upon the past yr and see God's grace in many areas. Of which i am quite frankly, not deserving to receive it. So, i saw this written on a card in church.


Nothing you do can make God love you less. It was He that gave the ability to love, and the least you can do is love God with however much capacity your heart can offer.


How very apt, methinks.


Christmas is not ONLY about receiving and giving to people whom you love. See, thats wholly missing the point. I think the phase "season of love" is sprouting up in every miniscule corner, i cant help feeling that its ridiculous. Christmas is about God. Anything else is stands in the fringe regions. So theres no reason to treat this like a pseudo valentine's day of the sorts. Cause to think that, is really Missing the point and focus of christmas.

My two cents worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home