vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Oooh. I was freaked out bigtime yesterday. What started out as a harmless i-feel-like-pigging-out-so-lets-fry-some-onion-rings..nearly burned my house down and nearly got myself roasted. So i was putting onion rings into the wok, then nature called me quite suddenly..and since well..nature's call is always free incoming, and i needa do some outgoing business quite urgently, i skipped to the toilet. Good shat it was. But when i came out, i saw smoke..as in black smoke..then i lifted the wok cover and the smoke was so freaking thick, and i think due to the extreme heat, the wok caught fire. Intincts told me to take a bucket of water and splash, and you know when you try to douse the fire by throwing water, the fire will suddenly poof! up damn strongly before going off. It happened twice. I splashed, it poof!ed, i splashed agained, and it poof!ed for good. So i survyed the damage. The kitchen ceiling was gray, the cupboards were gray, and i was gray. Basically everything was gray. Not excluding the thick haze in my house.

The utter irony in the whole situation was that the fire extinguisher was in the cupboard, and not in a prominent position. Seccondly, it was very aptly named "AGFAST", i thought it was a pretty lame alliteration though.."act fast". Which is made me feel really stupid cause it wasnt fast at all, finding the extinguisher. After it all happened, i sat down on the sofa, and went into this semi-shocked cum semi-retard mode. Just sitting down with smoke literally billowing above my head. Macham dark clouds going to turn in the rain. And just the previous entry i was saying that libra folks have their heads in the (dark) clouds. Anyways, it took me a freaking two hours to clean the entire kitchen up, and my parents were really pissed, when they came home. Well actually my mum was really pissed, my dad seemed disturbingly calm, and asked me why do i have something new happening every single week. But he was glad he bought insurance. And my brother had to rub it in. He covered himself in a wet towel, and was feeling his way around the house cause he claimed that it was so smoky that his eyes were tearing. He looked totally over the top. Case of a budding drama king here.

So wow. I am glad i am alive. Kinda avoded cooking anything today anyways. Meeting sb tml for a concert, wonder how it would be..oh wells..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home