vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

random



Okay, I shamelessly snitched this lime green looking oblong faced cartoon from a website! Cause it just looked weird. Haha.. today was a slow slow one. Felt really sluggish and all, even shuffling the feet feels like a majorly big chore. Ya..it is THE second day, and I'm contributing big sales to the kotex company. Bloated stomach, tired eyes, basically feeling like a whale. But totally not having a whale of a time. gosh. Damned this bleeding spot.


I am reading this collection of mini stories and it really got me sucked in! The colourful jumpy language was like a fiddle to my ears. Interesting! But it is not serious reading, more like lounge reading, bordering towards chick lit. People always paint of picture of stiff-necked Brits, people refering to americans? All those Englishmen jibes. The thing is Brit humour is really more standard then the americanised kind of humour. American humour is mostly sleaze and just lame jokes where you need to press the play button to bring on the cheesy canned laughter in the background. Something like what they do in Mediacorp dramas, a cacophony of constipated laughter that is cued to rattle on after a character babbles a not-so-funny joke. I like Brit humour, the sarcasm I like best.


Humour saves the day. Learn to laugh at ourselves really does release tension. It helps if you are a big joke by yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home