vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Friday, June 23, 2006

STAR-STRUCKED!!!

It hasn't been the smoothest of all days, in reference to today and yesterday. My job load has been lightening over this couple of days. Reason being, the new marketing coordinator, Jasmine has arrived. Well, she has 8 yrs experience prior and undoubtly i find some areas of my job being scraped off from under my wing, to be placed under her area of responsibility. Of course, that didnt feel an ounce good. It feels like a general sense of displacement, reckoned it cause a small bruise on the ego. But again, I do know that it is quite beyond me to take on the Full task as i have no experience in the procedural work of certain things. Like for example, i didnt get down to using the oracle system.


Unpleasantries aside. Anyways, now the sense of displacement has eased because I realised that i am still given tasks to do, well at least I can recall three constructive things I did today. Yesterday was quite a boo. I found myself randomly stuck in the toilet. The door works like a ezlink card system, plus another key to unlock the toilet for one to pour the woes of the bladder into the happy toilet bowl. The lazy streak in me tweaked and i decided to follow a fellow key holding, card toting colleague to the toilet. The colleague finished her business faster than me and i was left stranded in between the doors of the toilet and the toilet corridoor, which is say...about 3 cubicles by 4 cubicles wide. Stranded for a good 15 minutes. Great! If i had known that earlier, i could have brought something in to read. HA...Thankfully there are those arty framed pictures on the wall, with all the proverbs like "happiness is the stream of your soul..", that sort. It is placed strategically on the toilet door, so you have to look at it when you go about doing your thang. I am no personal fan of these, cause people don't go in the toilet with a philosophical state of mind, they go in to with a specific agenda. But the 15 mins trapped in between, allowed me to think abit further on those selfsame cheesy lines. Ironically i cannot remember what i thought but i just felt happier after walking out.


Jasmine has been a really nice person. I don't mean it in that cordial and senseless chant. But ya, i really had a good time talking to her these days, all despite me accidentally flicking a prawn in my Tom yam soup and landing some tom yam streaks on her upper arm. And there are some office politiking too! It's quite mild though, just the cliquey sort.


Silly meeeee! haha..this was what i intended to add, a random from last time but i ended up copying the wrong post!

Here goes:

What thing looks the same when its dead and when it;s alive?

It hardly loses much "meat" and retains the same shape?



ITS THE STARFISH!

STILL looking like a star!

You know why? Cause the starfish in the salf water tank in the office died very very long ago and it was only recently that we dug its skeleton out!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home