vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

The long lapses in between the decent blog posts are testiment to the fact that my mood is on the upswing, well, at least it is so for the past few weeks. I only blog when I'm unhappy actually. So the less i appear here, the better it seems. Anyways, my exam results are as expected. If you put in so much and practically miss half of all the total lectures, and hardly attend tutorials, nor even attempt them, then scurry frantically in an attempt to cram facts in during the week prior to the exam, it just doesnt work.

So I have actually went out with people whom I am not well acquainted with. Guess this is a step to be more outgoing? I dunno..perhaps. Gotta move out of the comfort zone.

Anyways, it is very peculiar to me that I have got 2 aunties asking for my number in a week.
Yesterday i was at the convenience shop opposite my house, and as usual, the same aunty was there. We dont talk at all usually, safe except the "how much" and her subsequent reply. Then last night, she asked me how old I was, and she asked me for love advice.

I almost took a double take and laugh right in her face. Hello. I'm still nine-teen. She went on and told me how her friend was facing this guy, whom apparently is very shy. He watches her friend at a corner, but doesnt take a move. Hmmm..mind you. It was already 3am. And I was thinking..oh my gawd. This isnt happening right? Cause this is not my first encounter with an aunty. The previous aunty whom I met at Jurong East library talked to me for about 45 mins, and I thought that coming to the library was the most conducive place to study since there are no distractions. Well, apparently, distractions aplenty.

Let me digressed. The aunty-in-the-lib picked me up with a sweet. At first it was all that cordial smile thing.
then she asked me" do you want a sweet?" (shows me one)
"this is from aust. It is a honey sweet. Very nice one"
I was like (cue: sweet smile) "oh..no thanks"
--remember when you were little, your mum said..Never take sweets from strangers--
hahah
Then she said.."this one very nice" (shows me sweet once again)
Haizz..I have a sweet tooth. As in literally. I can eat sweets for breakfast lunch dinner.
So there, I sold myself out for a sweet.
"oh thanks" I replied..this time, a gleeful smile on the face.
Thats it!
Once you take the sweet, you have to talk.
And that took me 45mins, of which subsequently she asked for my number.

Anyways, back to the aunty-@-convenience-stall. She talked to me for 1 hr!
Holy moly!

Do i have a face that is so come-on to aunties.
or maybe..i look like i love to mahjong day in day out, and they are looking for a kaki?
i don't know.
Strange encounter eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home