vivadiva

saccharine sweetness gives me a bigtime mental diabetes.

Friday, September 16, 2005

My bro's birthday today, we got him an ice-cream cake. I gave him money, the most blatant-in-ur-face present, as well as the most practical. He wanted THAT tortoise from this pet shop, but hell who gives tortoises on birthdays. My bro agreed cause tortoises do indeed live for a hundred and fifty, and who is gonna feed it when we all die. *stunned* Huh?


Okay, so i was looking for a red packet to put the money in, with the dollar bill in my palm, closed. No wonder my bro was smiling, he gave a mock-surprised face when he saw a relatively unfamiliar colour on a bill when he opened the red packet. It wasnt orange, nor was it red, nor blue. I asked him to quit that mock shocked look, he already saw the note peeking out of my palm when i went red-packet a-hunting. Come to think of it, shouldnt give young kids so much money. But ok lah, i feel guilty for not spending time with my bro, so hopefully this money given to him can make him happy and he can use it to buy something he likes. Even if this transforms to the rare spotted shelled tortoise.


Under Wx's informative information, I learned that ntu has this competition by business times, to write in an essay, 2000 words, prize $1000, recognition, priceless. I am going for it. And another, a story writing competition for budding writers, it is 10k, and the money goes to sponsoring your own published book. That is DAMN fucking good. I so so want it! Its on children literature, and i have no idea how to do it. But still have time, closing's end of the yr. But the business essay on the 21st oct if i remembered correctly, that is. Wahh..are we supposed to write little red riding hood that kind of stuff? or for slightly older kids? Ok..i am gonna start amassing some essays to send. The other time reader's digest took so damn long to respond to me. They must have chucked my entry somewhere in the hongkong toilet bowl. Not only have i gone through the trouble to vet my work, sent two entries to hongkong. But no response. Prolly thats how it goes, rejection makes you stronger. And now i am thinking of submitting some of my poems too! ExxxxciitttINGGGGG!


Yes! I am so psyched up now! Like so so damn psyched up now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home